Wednesday 4 May 2022

Slovenia

 We've all already seen the pictures of the boys in front of (well, one on top of) a giant disco ball. What we may have not seen yet is the ball having wheels, clearly visible in many shots so they're not even trying to hide it, but looks more like an office chair that way.

At the second chorus (I think that's the chorus?) they're all standing around it, and the camera goes around them in circles. Exciting.

Oh, and the drummer isn't on the ball, he's on a plinth well behind it.

To repeat my comment from last year: RTVSLO is a low-budget broadcaster, isn't it. To be fair - I appreciate that they're not pretending it's any more than a school production, and they're making the best of it.

They're vocally fine, there's really nothing more to say about this performance, so here's my take on the stage:

The Turin stage is... absolutely fine. If I hadn't known about the sun-drama, I wouldn't have noticed anything. There's a million things it can do. My main disappointment is that I hoped for something more Italian/Sanremo-esque, but it feels like it could be any of the recent Wieder stages. Jonas will be with you next for Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment