Tuesday 1 May 2018

Day 3 of first rehearsals - Norway to San Marino

San Marino

The cute little robots are with Jessika and Jenifer in Lisbon! The press centre, including myself, is LOVING them. One robot held a "Will you marry me?" sign and our hearts melted. It was the awww-iest awww so far. And the song needs it, I think, it wouldn't do much for me without the robots.


Robot number four has "I'm not your robot" - Brilliant! #ThisRobotToo!? - written on the platform it's standing on, it then flips over to the "Will you marry me?"

Rehearsals are breaking for lunch. I wonder what robots like to eat.


Serbia

Huge oil barrel looking drums - yes, they are standing in a (semi)circle - an older man playing and/or pretending to play the flute are combined with outfits that makes me think of ancient times. This is one of the songs I have really enjoyed listening to the studio version of, and I'm happy that it's sounding and looking ok so far!


Yair's description "liquorice worms" is spot on! Something like this in combination with the ancient style dress:



Romania


The protesting security check has something to do with a power problem, apparently. We were asked to move from the newly opened part of the press centre during Romania's first run through. Some of the computers had blown up for some of the journalists, and they didn't want that to happen to us (OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but someone in there had had some damage to his charger and was a upset). From what I saw and heard of Romania, the only things that stay with me are the colours blue and pink and the creepy white face masks. The song doesn't stay at all unfortunately.


Trend spotting part two for Eurovision 2018: props in circles. Yesterday we had planks from Armenia, today we get mannequins from Romania.

Norway

We got to see the second to last run through from Norway, a cheerful Alexander (is he ever anything else?) on a stage lit up in blue, turquoise and pink and the "clip art gone wild" in white.

Last run was with pyro. I want more pyro. Always more pyro. This run went what seems to be according to plan as well, tons of energy from Rybak. Nice wake up call in the morning, good way to start the semi. I have a feeling I will be singing this song today, torturing Yair with it. Better put Estonia on to get it out of my head!

Step one, get out of bed, shower and put on clothes
Step two, just brew a cup
That's how you wake up smart

(work in progress, by Polle and Elin)

No comments:

Post a Comment