It's been two long weeks already, and yet they've passed by very quickly. Lots of time has been spent in the press centre watching rehearsals, especially the first week, and lots of time has been spent running around between different events. Via this blog, via Twitter and via Instagram reports, photos and a little bit of everything has been shared with you guys. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have! Even though I have to admit I have felt rather drained of energy now towards the end of the Eurovision period.
Now as the final approaches, we shall soon find out who won. We'll also know the full result both of the final as well as the semifinals. As I said long ago, I wouldn't be attempting to do a lot of predictions this year. Because I'm always terrible at making predictions. But right now I'm gonna attempt to make a few anyway. Even if only for the sake of your entertainment, and then you can all laugh at me when it all turns out to be completely wrong.
So, here we go...
* The contest will be won by either Australia or Russia.
* Armenia and Ukraine will be top 5. Possibly joined by Sweden.
* Germany will be the worst-placed song of the Big 5.
* France will not win, but still do better than a lot of people think. I would guess mid top 10.
* Malta will do a lot better with jury votes than with tele votes. So will the Netherlands. But both for completely different reasons.
* The interval act will take even more time than scheduled.
* Belgium was top 3 in it's semifinal, but will only make top 10 in the final.
* Bosnia was 11th in it's semifinal. Iceland was 13th.
* Sweden will give it's jury 12 to Australia.
* At least half of the juries giving their 12 to Russia will mention Sergey by name while doing so. Very likely accompanied by words like "Talented", "You deserve it" and "You are our only one".
That's all :-) Enjoy the show, wherever you are watching it!